Networking Mountain Lion and Vista Home

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", MBP 13", MBA 11" iPad 1 64GB & 32GB, iPad 2 32GB, iPhone 5 32Gb & 64, iPhone 4 32Gb
Hi Guys

Im having big issues with networking Lion and Vista together!

I have tried editing the registry on the vista machine, using smb on mac, my mac can see the Windows machine but cannot connect, it just shakes as if to say incorrect login details

Anyone here able to offer any assistance, i have tried googling but that seems to just suggest adjusting the Registry values and going to Admin tools and i dont have the setting in there due to the fact it is Home

All help much appreciated!

Thanks

Reaction score
Can you be more specific.....

How are you trying to connect? Meaning can you demonstrate what you are doing to connect using the SMB protocol. That way I can have a better understanding of why you are not able to connect to your Vista System.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Agreed. Also, if only temporarily, go to the Network and Sharing centre in Vista and turn off password protected sharing.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", MBP 13", MBA 11" iPad 1 64GB & 32GB, iPad 2 32GB, iPhone 5 32Gb & 64, iPhone 4 32Gb
Hi

Thanks for the replies!

I have turned on SMB sharing on my Mac and Password protect is off in windows

In finder where you have the 'network places' so to speak my computer appears there, I pop in my password for the machine and thats about it.

I have files shared on the Windows machine too!

Thanks, all help is appreciated!

If you need any other info, please ask! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.