Cant connect to internet

Reaction score
Have been having a problem for a bit now that my mac wont bring up the window to connect to btopenzone straight away. Normally after a few minutes or turning wifi off and back on again this would fix itself. Not today just wont connect. The connection is good as im using it right now. Old windows laptop, PS3, phone and kindle all connect fine.
Any ideas what could be the issue. On the top toolbar the connection has a tick next to it. In network diagnostics it says network settings failed.
Went through the wizard thing wifi, btopenzone, PPPoE, Account name, Password but it just takes me back to the start of the wizard.

Help this windows laptop is rubbish compared to the macbook, (its a pro 2012 if that makes any difference.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What sort of router do you have and have you tried powering it down and up again?

Do you get the same issues if you connect with ethernet cable?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to the proper forum, not a "Switcher" topic.

OP
D
Reaction score
I cant switch the router on or off, I live in military barracks and its a service BT provide in the accommodation. I also cant connect via ethernet. Its strange as I have come back on tonight and not had any problems. But this has not been a one off, but only happening on my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
when you have connection problems, does it say self assigned IP address in the network prefs (advanced button) or does it say Using DHCP server

OP
D
Reaction score
when you have connection problems, does it say self assigned IP address in the network prefs (advanced button) or does it say Using DHCP server

I will keep an eye out next time it happens as I cant remember off the top of my head. Knowing how things work I wont have the problem for a few days now.

OP
D
Reaction score
Just had the problem again. It said using DCHP, hit click renew DVHP licence and it started working straight away. Any ideas how to stop it doing this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.