Bootcamp Question

Reaction score
I had originally posted this topic in a different part of the forum and now i think i may be in the right place haha. anyways, I am going to college for graphic design, so I've always used my mac desktop and laptop for using adobe and all my design programs. However, I am also into gaming, so I had purchased a pc for gaming.

Awhile ago I started to read more on bootcamp and it sounded very appealing. I've been looking to sell my pc laptop and my mac desktop to upgrade to an imac 27 inch desktop with the specs being;

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4GB
2TB Serial ATA Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5

for the most part...

anyways i was curious to see if i had made the transition to the new imac and used bootcamp to install windows, do pc games still run pretty well? i know blizzard makes a lot of pc/mac compatible games, but for the most part, will i be able to run pc games just as well using bootcamp (windows 7) or better?

i also plan on getting the mac pro down the road to if that helps, but for now will just having the imac be okay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
stick with the iMac for now, the Mac pros will get a full update next year

an i7 iMac will work just like an i7 PC under bootcamp, ie it will be a thoroughly modern PC and with that graphics card should blaze through games with that spec

bear in mind do not max out your RAM through the apple store, its much cheaper to get the base RAM and source the RAM yourself and install it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Just one tip ~ make sure you install Windows 7 64bit. This will allow you to use all your memory whereas 32bit usually only sees up to 2.9GB as maximum.

OP
F
Reaction score
oh yeah for sure i wont get the mac pro til they do the update, i should have money saved up by then, and ill definitely be using 64 bit haha

thanks guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.