How to convert .wma files to itunes library?

Reaction score
Ireland - West Cork - it's a big beautiful place:-
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 8GB OS X 10.7.5,iPad 1 - 64gb WIFI, iPhone 4, MacBook Pro OS X10.8.
Hi!

Ive tried a few options but none worked (changing the .wma to mp3 - but still couldn't transfer to itunes library), also tried to download switch but don't seem to get the 'switch' image to drag into the applications folder.

I have all my music transferred from my windows PC (which is not dead:[) to an external hard rive (in folders)

They appear to be all .wma files (probably from windows media player) but I cant drag and drop into iTunes library, nor can I import them.

Please can someone advise me what I need to do in order to get this to work, as I've no music anywhere on any device yet!!!

(Does the windows version of iTunes die with the computer?) I thought when I logged into my iTunes on my mac that it would have had all my previous music with was stored both on Media player and iTunes.....:( Im probably missing something or forgot to do something on the PC iTunes.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You need to double click in the Switch.dmg file to open it, then you can install the program

Installing switch will be your best bet

switch.jpg

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have never had to do this conversion, but would try the following:

All2MP3 - looks to be Freeware
MediaHuman - shareware asks for donation

Paid, I'd go with louishen's suggestion above:
Switch - Here's a walkthrough

Stay away from wondershare, ifunia, iskysoft, aimersoft, bigasoft, xilisoft, and pretty much any other xyzsoft - they're all the same piece of ripped off chinese software that uses spam to no end to sell their product.

And don't buy any of them from the Mac App Store that do not have a bunch of positive reviews.

(took a break to walk the dog in the middle of writing this post and some nice pics there btw)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 8GB OS X 10.7.5,iPad 1 - 64gb WIFI, iPhone 4, MacBook Pro OS X10.8.
You need to double click in the Switch.dmg file to open it, then you can install the program

Installing switch will be your best bet

I dont have a switch icon to drag to the applications folder, it does download the dmg file, which when I double click gives me what youve shown above in but as I said theres no image of a switch(should this be a second part of the downloaded file?) :\

Ha, I figured out how to get switch into Applications (duh) I was looking in the wrong place for the 'switch icon'. And it was in front of me all that time:)
Multitasking is not agreeing with me today:-/

Will post later this evening if this works with getting files into iTunes library. thanks again :)

C

chas_m

If the files we are talking about are DRM-protected wma files, just trash them and forget them.

If the are files you made yourself and just happened to choose wma format (ie they are not DRM protected), then MediaHuman will convert them easily.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, sorry for late reply (sick kids in the house),
Switch works brilliantly..

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to get the files on to the Samsung Galaxy mini, and I needed to get another app called double twist which imported the files from iTunes on to the phone....as the phone wasn't recognized by iTunes....

The things I do for the kids!!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.