Mountain Lion/Lion

Reaction score
Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion my Mac has been considerably slower and constantly displays the rainbow wheel. I've read reviews and there seems to be no consistency. Some love it and some hate it (with the same slowness I'm experiencing).

1. Is there any thing I can do to speed up Mountain Lion?
2. Can I expect an improvement with Lion?

Kennesaw

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion my Mac has been considerably slower and constantly displays the rainbow wheel. I've read reviews and there seems to be no consistency. Some love it and some hate it (with the same slowness I'm experiencing).

1. Is there any thing I can do to speed up Mountain Lion?
2. Can I expect an improvement with Lion?

First things first. Check your hard drive just to be sure it isn't failing. See my post linked below. I've had 2 members this week alone with similar issues verify their drive was failing after going over my steps.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...o-much-space-used-hard-drive.html#post1372971

If the drive checks out, download Onyx and run its full suite of maintenance and cleaning modules. Hopefully that will get you back up.

It would also help to know what Mac you have; how much RAM; the size of your drive; and how much used/free space on that drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.