Safe to keep MacBook Pro at a constant tilt? (mStand)

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am considering getting an mStand but I have a few questions.

1. Is it safe to constantly keep the laptop in such a tilted position? I don't normally take my laptop off my desk right now, so it would be on the stand almost all the time if I bought it.

2. Is it truly that sturdy, being supported by that small metal strip in front?

3. Is it ok that the stand only partially covers the back of the MBP? (The left and right bottom edges, below the speakers, don't touch the stand's surface). Does this setup put pressure on the center of the computer at all?

Sorry if these are stupid questions... I know I probably sound very paranoid, but my 2009 MBP is on its deathbed, even though I took good care of it, so here I am worrying about my new one.

I searched mStand posts and didn't find any like this, so hopefully I'm not being too repetitive.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I have an mstand.. and a book arc. My laptops either at an angle.. or vertical almost 100% of the time.. for years now.

Yep, the mstand IS that sturdy. That 'small' strip is about 1/4" thick, it doesn't move once on the stand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.