SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Macbook Pro 17" running Bootcamp / Windows 7 64bit, 8gb ram, with AMD Radeon hd 6750M graphics card.

My computer has crashed several times in the last month to a blue screen system service exception.

Yesterday, after some searching online, I decided to update my graphics card driver. It was a bit hard to find the solution for bootcamp but I did find a driver from a few months ago and updated it successfully, just in case that was the problem. I have not made any other significant software or hardware changes recently, except installing drivers for a new Brother MFC-J425W printer, although the first crash of the type happened before I installed this driver.

I also had recently installed the drivers/software for Airport Extreme, but I have since then uninstalled them and the problem continues.

Some other things perhaps worth noting -

-Notably, it seems to only have crashed after 2+ hours of use using several applications at once (though nothing too intensive or graphical).

-I am now running a 30 inch Samsung monitor, connected via mini displayport and usb (for extra power). Previously, I was using a 23" mac external monitor. It has crashed using both configurations, but the few times that I've used it without an external monitor, it has not crashed, but that has been for far less time than would be sufficient for me to blame the monitor. The MBP is running on native 1920x1200 resolution.

-Before getting to the blue screen of death, all of the colors on the screen become scrambled for a few seconds while making an awful loud buzzing noise from the speakers.

-My graphics card (AMD Radeon HD 6750M) has the driver version 8.982.0.0 with date 7/27/2012, DDI version 11, driver model WDDM 1.1.

-The only other hardware I'm using is a Logitech trackball mouse and external speakers.

-I installed RAM myself several months ago (and it worked without crashing for a long time after that RAM installation).

-The computer had a different freezing problem (it would become unresponsive for about a minute) which I solved about 2 years ago - it was strangely related to audio enhancement (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/ru...-27-inch-imac-windows-7-bootcamp-issue-2.html)

Does anyone have any suggestions about what else I could do to fix this problem?

Here is part of the actual error message:

"SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

If this is the first time...

Check to make sure any new hardware or software...

If problems continue...

Technical info:

STOP: 0x0000003B (...)

win32k.sys - Address - ...

Collecting data for crash dump...
Initialzing disk for crash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping physical memory to disk: 100
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system admin or technical support group for further assistance."

I waited a couple minutes and it did not restart on its own, if that matters.

There seem to be no problems with how the machine runs afterward.

Thanks for the help,
Ken

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.