Deleting E Mails

Reaction score
I am running Mountain Lion and I have something like 13,00 0 emails in my in folder and I am not able to delet them. I have selected and then delete but they come right back. I have moved them to the trash and again they come back. I have done everything I can think of but nothing seems to work. Do you have any idea why I am not able to get rid of them?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much.
TheCajun

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How is the account set up against your e-mail provider? If it's IMAP, then changes locally should be reflected on the server and deleted email should disappear. If POP, then you are downloading a copy of the e-mail and unless you specifically tell the client delete mail from the server, it will keep coming back..

OP
T
Reaction score
It is set as IMAP. When I checked preferences/ accounts it shows iCloud IMAP and GMail IMAP. When I delete the Email it appears to be deleted but in a few moments they all come back. I am sure it is something simple that I am overlooking but not sure what it is.
TheCajun

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.