Creating Pearls and Metallics in PS CS4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
I'm not great with creating or installing brushes and stuff, wondered if someone could walk me through something.

I want to be able to create a flat label that closely resembles actual metallic and pearl automotive finishes. I've been searching for a while came up with something on Adobe's site but I'm baffled as to how to implement it.

10490_preview.gif

This icon shows what the submitter can do, but there's only an option to download a .asl file and I downloaded it... but don't know where it went or how to deploy the technique as there's no instructions.

Anyone have an idea because if I can do what he's doing in the animated icon, that'd be perfect. I'm using Photoshop CS4 on my iMac BTW.

Mike

OP
drgrafix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
the asl file should be in your downloads folder

Install it from the styles palette in photoshop

Install Layer Styles in Photoshop | Tutorial9

OK... Thanks! Turned out that it only works on 3D shapes. I'm trying to get a simple metallic charcoal effect like a Ford Dark Shadow Grey metallic clear coat paint. Is there a way to capture a paint chip and save it as a fill?

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.