Powered DVI?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Hi i have 6 mermaid ventura 26 PIN DFP monitors that i would like to connect to my pcs at the office without buying the extortianate 26 pin dfp cards ($200)
At the moment they derive the power from the card. If i got a converter to DVI, would it still be able to derive the power?
Thanks
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The way you describe it, that 26pin-DFP connector must be something like Apple's ADC connector which, additionally to the video signals, carried USB and power for the screen.
I only knew the 20pin DFP, which carries only didgtal video signal, like DVI-D.

The only possibility would be to find an adapter that provides power to the DFP, similar to the DVI-to-ADC adapter that Apple has. But I really doubt that it will be much cheaper than buying 26pin-DFP cards.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Thanks Avalon!
I've decided to trade them in for a couple of analogue venturas - with VGA
26pin DFP really is a pig
A

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.