iPhone 4 - iOS 6 Facebook Integration

Reaction score
So yesterday I've installed the newly released iOS 6 on my iPhone 4.

All been brilliant, phone is running faster and I must say that I love the new maps app. Just on BIG problem.. the facebook integration is not working for me. I am getting the following error :

Error Signing In
Could not communicate with the server.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? DO you have a solution please? What should the User Name for the login be, my email or my full name?

Also, on the Facebook Messenger App, there is a small bug which does not let me send photos in a conversation. Anyone else?

Thank you.

C

chas_m

All been brilliant, phone is running faster and I must say that I love the new maps app. Just on BIG problem.. the facebook integration is not working for me. I am getting the following error :

Error Signing In
Could not communicate with the server.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? DO you have a solution please? What should the User Name for the login be, my email or my full name?

No, I'm not having the problem. In Settings, you would apply (as it says in the grayed text) your email address for "User name"

OP
F
Reaction score
i have entered my email address but same problem, also tried to change the email address on facebook itself...

C

chas_m

If you make any changes to your Facebook account on the site, you will OF COURSE need to start over on the phone.

Reaction score
My brother has the same thing. I tried everything for him. He has iphone4s, just upgraded to iOS 6, and when putting in his Facebook logon & password, it just gave an error: Could not communicate with the server.

I have tried logging on to my iPhone with his details (also 4s with iOS 6), it worked
I tried my Facebook logon on his iPhone, it worked
I tried logging onto Facebook in safari on his phone with his details, it worked.

Because the error said communication error I also reset all network settings, cleared all history, cookies & data. All the above testing still worked except for his logon on his phone.

I know many people who have upgraded to iOS 6, and no one else seems to have the problem. But it is a real problem, I have witnessed it!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

enusor

C

chas_m

Is it possible he used a different email address for his FB account? I know I do.

Reaction score
Well he logged onto his Facebook in front of me in his Facebook app on his phone, and in safari on his phone so I think he's got the logon details correct. The only thing that wouldn't work is the Facebook integration which we tried to put in the logon info in settings > Facebook.
And it didn't say incorrect details, it said cant communicate with server.
It's got me stumped!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
I've heard of a few people with the same problem. Oddly mine wouldn't let me sign in either the first few times. It let me sign in later, so far been ok.

weird.

Reaction score
Hi
Well we got it going by doing a master reset (hold lock & home buttons). That's all it was. I tried resetting the network settings etc. but apparently that doesn't help as much as the old master reset.
He's been trying to log on now for 4 days and is now very happy that it's working.
Thanks guys for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.