Mac-Iomega network media drive-Uverse issues. Little help here.

Reaction score
Hello all. I am going to apologize in advance for asking this question, as I am pretty sure this is not a Mac specific issue. At this point I have turned to Iomega and Uverse but Iomega is a time sink and Uverse wants to charge me way to much to do something I am pretty sure is simple.

Here is my issue. I have a mac at home. I have the iomega media external hard drive with the Cloud feature. I have the drive hooked up to my Uverse router. I had it all working perfectly and something changed and now it is gone. So this is where I am at at this time. I use finder and can see the hard drive and even see files in it which is great. When I use the iomega storage manager to access files I cannot see the drive. I try to manaully add a device and this is the message I am getting. "could not add device with ip. 192.168.1.69 because it is in a different sub net and is not routable. Check the device named network or DNS registration." I know how to access the open ports area of my router, but I am not sure how to actually change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.