Parallells issues, access OS X disk and Office 2010 activation

Reaction score
I installed MS W7 on a boot camp. Works fine.
I also installed parallells and run w7 from the boot camp.

Issues:
1. How do i access my files on the OS X from W7, when I am in Parallells?
I have installed MacDrive on W7, it works on bootcamp but not in Parallells.

2. My MS office 2010 is activated but it say my copy of office is not activated under parallells, but under bootcamp its fine..

Anyone have any good tips?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You don't need MacDrive while in Parallels. Turn on sharing, Parallels will be able to read - write and share files from the Mac side to the Windows side. As for the activation problem with Office 2010, it "thinks" you're using different hardware which is why it's asking to be activated again. Call Microsoft and explain and they'll issue another code.

As a recommendation, you really should go one way or the other. Either use the dual boot function or Parallels but not both. If you need to dual boot for games, that's fine.

OP
investor
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments!

Well, I do not use bootcamp / parallels for games, I need it for some few work related softwares that only run in windows xp or w7.

I tried to use this settings, but my os x harddrive do not seem to work.
Smart mount map the drive but when i press on it from "computer" in w7 it asks me to format it.
My documents folder in the os X partition do not map also.. :(

attachment.php

OP
investor
Reaction score
okey. I just made the boot camp partition into a virtual disk and when i run it like this (not from boot camp) then the os x drive maps.
Seems like parallels do not work 100 % together with boot camp, atleast i cannot get it to map the os x disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.