Big Surprise - Sprint Servers Down For iPhone5 Launch

Reaction score
I'm on the east coast, and it isn't exactly my preference to stay up until 3 AM :p

Yeah, I know, I didn't have to. I could have waited.

But it doesn't make it any less frustrating that the servers are down.

OP
N
Reaction score
Went to do a "fake" Verizon order just to see what the traffic was like - no problems whatsoever.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
AT&T is down too. They are doing maintenance or whatever. I can't even log into my account. >_>"

OP
N
Reaction score
Strange - I went to apple.com and followed the prompts to complete my Sprint upgrade and everything went through BUT the estimated shipping said 2 weeks so I cancelled out.

Guess I'll try my luck in store next Friday.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
AT&T is now up - Sprint is the only one draggin ***.

Not fully. Trying to buy it now and it lags like no tomorrow and then says the page is unavailable . >_<"

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Strange - I went to apple.com and followed the prompts to complete my Sprint upgrade and everything went through BUT the estimated shipping said 2 weeks so I cancelled out.

Might have been a bad move. The delivery of the iPhone 5 has been delayed and the news this morning is that Apple is swamped. But I guess if you like waiting in line at a Sprint store (if you can find one) or at an Apple store..... :p

OP
N
Reaction score
Might have been a bad move. The delivery of the iPhone 5 has been delayed and the news this morning is that Apple is swamped. But I guess if you like waiting in line at a Sprint store (if you can find one) or at an Apple store..... :p

I ended up ordering one from Sprint in the morning and it still had the 21st as the estimated delivery date - so I might be OK...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.