iPhone 5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
Hi

I've googled and get conflict, so be gentle - but what is the expert latest on the release date for iPhone 5 because I'm due a upgrade from 4s to 5.

I also wondered if experts thought the bump would be worthwhile?

Kind regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
There simply, is no confirmed release date. The keynote that's expected to announce the iPhone 5 is Wednesday 12th.

I'd suspect it'll go one of two ways - release on the 12th or the end of the month. Apple rarely put long lead times on hardware following announcement.

As for whether it's worthwhile that's a personal decision really. Once announced and you have the feature list and pricing you can make an informed decision. Until then it's more guesswork.

Again, the pattern seems to be feature/design jump one year, speed boost and tweak the second year then repeat with a new model. e.g. iPhone 3 - 3GS, iPhone 4 - 4s - and now the likely iPhone 5.

The pattern suggests the iPhone 5 will be a new design and additional hardware feature set, but there's no real way of telling.

The only solid advice I can give is to do nothing before the keynote.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
We're all watching the rumors fly like everyone else. The new iPhone is expected to be announced in the next week. As far as features go, your guess is as good as ours. Why don't you wait for a week or so and then decide if you think it's worth upgrading..

OP
brendan67
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
iphone5

There simply, is no confirmed release date. The keynote that's expected to announce the iPhone 5 is Wednesday 12th.

I'd suspect it'll go one of two ways - release on the 12th or the end of the month. Apple rarely put long lead times on hardware following announcement.

As for whether it's worthwhile that's a personal decision really. Once announced and you have the feature list and pricing you can make an informed decision. Until then it's more guesswork.

Again, the pattern seems to be feature/design jump one year, speed boost and tweak the second year then repeat with a new model. e.g. iPhone 3 - 3GS, iPhone 4 - 4s - and now the likely iPhone 5.

The pattern suggests the iPhone 5 will be a new design and additional hardware feature set, but there's no real way of telling.

The only solid advice I can give is to do nothing before the keynote.

Thank you for the comprehensive reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.