Logic Board Black macbook

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I received a weird symbol the other day when I used my volume. It also has this weird red laser in the headphone port. I heard that I need a new logic board, but I do not want to spend hundreds of dollars. Please leave some information on where to look for a new one or even a legit honest place to send it out to. Many thanks.

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The switch in your headphone port thinks there is still something plugged in. That's why the light is glowing in the port. You can try sticking something like a q-tip in the port to see if that will fix the issue.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That red light means your output sound switched to digital. Try inserting your headphone plug in and out several times to see if the light goes off. If that doesn't work, try inserting a strong toothpick and wiggling it around to try to get the light off. Once the light is off, your sound will return to normal.

OP
P
Reaction score

Ok, I will try to do that. The guy at apple in the genius bar thought that - that would do anything. He hadn't had any success by doing that. I just don't feel like dropping 300$ for a new logic board. I picked up the computer cheap for a few hundred and it's practically brand new, 88/100 battery cycle and has lion. Very clean this is the only down fall....

regards,

Mike

OP
P
Reaction score
Volume port

Hey guys. I stuck a q-tip in the hole, tooth pick etc with a little contact cleaner and it did nothing. sound only works still but my external speakers....

I guess my logic board is in fact done.

Can you guys recommend anybody online that would be able to get the part cheaper?

Regards,

Mike

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can you guys recommend anybody online that would be able to get the part cheaper?

- e-bay
- powerbookmedic.com
- ifixit.com

Some places to check out.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Try holding option and clicking the sound button on the top right of the screen and selecting internal speakers as your output device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.