.torrent files won't open in Azureus

A

agb

I've installed Azureus, and when I double-click a .torrent file, Azureus will open (or if it's running, it will get focus). But it will not actually open the torrent file (I have to do that manually, either with drag-n-drop or File>Open, etc.)

how can I make Azureus actually OPEN the file?

OP
R

roxster

Øpening Torrent Files-OSX10.4.3

1st-I download my torrents to the desktop.
in Azureus Preferences Click on Files
>Check the Save to default data directory (I created a folder on my desktop called DLTorrent-I like to put my downloads in various folders myself)
Next-Cascade? the Files triangle and click on Torrents.
>Checkmark the Import new .torrents automatically (This is where browser downloads torrents) and select the folder from the browse(like I said-I downlad to the desktop)
>Leave the interval at 1 min
>save
It will move the torrent file to your save directory which is defaulted---------- /Users/aramis/Library/Application Support/Azureus/torrents

OP
A

agb

Hmm, this is a good workaround, but when I double-click my torrents, Azureus is launched but no torrents are added to the queue. I have to drag them in. Is this a problem everyone on the Mac has? (Probably an Azureus bug) or is it just me and roxster here?

Reaction score
Hi there, I had the same problem. In the end i decided to switch to a program called Transmission which is torrent only download client and this works the best so far of all of the ones i have tried!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" Imac
I could never get it working for me either. I use tomato torrent now and find it very good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
use bits on wheels.. it has all the features of azureus..except the whole messy interface. oh yeah, it takes up less memory too.. its a win win situation. go try bits on wheels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I use transmission too best one i've found as of yet. And usually quicker

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
agb said:
I've installed Azureus, and when I double-click a .torrent file, Azureus will open (or if it's running, it will get focus). But it will not actually open the torrent file (I have to do that manually, either with drag-n-drop or File>Open, etc.)

how can I make Azureus actually OPEN the file?

This happens to me everytime but I never really care I don't mind opening it manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.