My New Blog

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks Bob will enjoy popping in from time to time.

Looks very nice and love the “Dovetailed Shed” :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Really crakin' stuff Bob! I'll also pop in to see your updates. I also started a WordPress blog, but never really got much going. Guess I'm lazy. I really love that Women's forum Vista, simply gorgeous view! And I'm also a fan of that old shed, love the processing on it a lot. Were they all taken with the 800? One thing I've noticed is that if you're using a tele, and you're not really still, it's easy to get motion blur.

Doug

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Really crakin' stuff Bob! I'll also pop in to see your updates. I also started a WordPress blog, but never really got much going. Guess I'm lazy. I really love that Women's forum Vista, simply gorgeous view! And I'm also a fan of that old shed, love the processing on it a lot. Were they all taken with the 800? One thing I've noticed is that if you're using a tele, and you're not really still, it's easy to get motion blur.

Doug

On the vista house shot I should have used my wireless remote trigger on the D800 setup. This shot was taken on a sturdy Manfrotto tripod with a 70-300mm F/4.0-5.6G lens. There's no VR on this lens but I would have turned that off anyway. By trying for ISO 100 I dropped my shutter speed to 1/50" at F11. I should have brought that ISO up to 1600 and stayed above 1/350". Live & learn. I certainly have no low light issues with the D800 at that ISO 1600. I may return again do do more experimentation there. It will pay dividends though because on September 16th I'm heading to Yosemite for a 6 day camping/photography trip with my best friend. This knowledge will allow me to correct these mistakes. Thanks for looking at the blog and for your educated comments. - Bob

PWF-Vista-House-View-XL.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Bob

I always enjoy seeing your photos on here along with your sage advice. I'll check out your blog but hope you'll still post on this forum as well?

I'm a sucker for waterfall shots and really like your Japanese garden feature. Living where I do (it's usually either raining or about to) there are quite a few waterfalls within 20 miles or so and they are my favourite subject.

Good luck with your blog. I've always intended to set one up but fear that after a fast start it'd just fade away as I get lazier!!

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bob

I always enjoy seeing your photos on here along with your sage advice. I'll check out your blog but hope you'll still post on this forum as well?

I'm a sucker for waterfall shots and really like your Japanese garden feature. Living where I do (it's usually either raining or about to) there are quite a few waterfalls within 20 miles or so and they are my favourite subject.

Good luck with your blog. I've always intended to set one up but fear that after a fast start it'd just fade away as I get lazier!!

Thanks for checking out the blog. If you read any of the stories you saw one describing my observations on the difference between blogging & forums. I intend to continue posting on both as I have ample time in retirement.

Having a gift for gab blogging has become quite enjoyable but I'm old enough & wise enough to realize it's the new kid on the block for me. Let's see how I feel in 6 months.

Again, I will be stopping by the Mac for, along with the 4 photography forums and a senior forum I frequent. Living in the Pacific Northwest we get 8-9 months of rain a year that generally starts in mid-October. We're in our paradise portion of the year with dry conditions, blue skies and 75-80 degree weather. I'm sucking up as much as I can before the rains begin again. We've gone 44 days without a drop. See you around. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Outstanding photographs.
Love the lighthouse pics

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Outstanding photographs.
Love the lighthouse pics

Those lighthouse photos were entrees in a photo contest for shoreline photos in Oregon. This contest, run by KGW TV was the first I'd entered in years. They liked them well enough to forward them to the Oregon Tourism Commission who emailed me asking for more photos of my travels in Oregon. I sent them my Tumblr site address with permission to use any they may find useful. I haven't hear another response from them since then. Thanks for checking out my blog and for your kind comments. - Bob

http://pacificnorthwesttravelerdotcom.wordpress.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.