Regular airport in Al g4 Powerbook?

M

matthew1219

I have a 4 month old Al g4 15" 1.67G 512M powerbook (with a pcm card slot). I have airport extreme/expresse installed and it works fairly well but I would like to have the functionality of the regular airport card.

Does anyone know of a way (short of physically uninstalling extreme card) to make the regular airport card be the primary networking device? and hopefully the ability to swap back. If anyone could just tell me which util to use for this it would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So I guess I am not understanding why you feel the older AirPort card has any more functionality than the one that is part of the logic board. They are both installed internally, and both have 802.11g capability.
If you want to change the primary networking option, you can do so using your system Prefs. There you can just turn off the AirPort card if you wish.

If there is more to it, then you might want to explain a little more of what it is you are expecting.

OP
M

matthew1219

Well I didnt want to botch my chances on getting support through this forum by saying that I am trying to use kismet with that card (among other applications), there are so many posts on so many forums but I have yet to find one that addresses this specific target.

The regular airport card will fit into the pcm card slot on the outside (next to power/usb/adio ports). I was told that the pins are arranged differently AFTER this but I am pretty sure nothing was bent atleast...

I would like to try to find a way to make this work so I can see how long it should take for my 128key to be cracked on a pretty fast computer, so I can get an idea of how often I should change the password on my network. My friend and I try to outdo each other with computers all the time, and I want to make sure he knows my choice of powerbook is over that of his *gateway*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.