Iphone 1st gen wont connect to wifi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 13 inch 2011 1.7ghz intel core i5
hey i got an original iphone that i got from family as a gift it was used as a phone for 1 year then sat for 3-4 years then i got it used it and it worked fine d=for 2 months then it stopped connecting to wifi is there a way to fix this or is it just an ipod now?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 13 inch 2011 1.7ghz intel core i5
any help please im really looking to use this cause i want to either sell it or trade it in for an ipod touch or something like that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
Firstly, be more patient; you only left nine minutes between posting & then bumping your thread. People do have lives outside this forum / need to sleep. Annoy the community (the admins in particular) and your reputation will nosedive.

Still, in actual response to your OP; have you changed your router recently? If so, it could be that it is set to only operate on the more advanced 5GHz band, incompatible with that phone's older WiFi gear; thus, setting your router to operate on both the 5GHz & 2.4GHz bands would likely get it working.

If that does work then you'll know there's nothing wrong with the phone.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.