Not Able to Send or Receive Email I-Pod Touch

Reaction score
Hello Members,

A few months ago I was able to send and receive email on my I-Pod Touch. Now for some reason I am not able to send or receive.

Any help or information would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Pete

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What happens when you try? Sending email through a web service or something else?

OP
P
Reaction score
Hello,

Last night I set my I-Pod back to the original factory settings, I deleted my mail email address and re-entered it. Now I am able to receive email to that account but I am unable to send. Could my setting for outgoing mail settings be wrong ? Should I use SMPT or Mail. Mail.volcano.net is how my MS Outlook is set up. My Outlook outgoing server port number is 25, should I try that setting ?

Now my Gmail and Yahoo emails both sends and receives fine.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
OK, so you are trying to setup a custom mail account. If you do need to send through that SMTP server, see if you need to enter any username/password beyond what you normally would do to access your email..

A lot of private SMTP servers are restricted to being on the appropriate network. For example, my ISP Comcast requires that I'm on the Comcast network to be able to send email through smtp.comcast.net.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.