iPhoto can find camera

Reaction score
I am having a problem suddenly with the computer not recognizing my Cannon camera and downloading the photos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I am having a problem suddenly with the computer not recognizing my Cannon camera and downloading the photos.

Lol Patjerry, you bring randomness to a whole new level.;D

What computer, what software etc would be a help. I'll hazard a guess though that you have a Mac and use iPhoto?

If so go iPhoto>Prefences>General>Connecting camera opens> and choose iPhoto

Cheers,
Liam

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks, but not enough. Yes, it is a Mac with iPhoto and it works fine with other cameras, and has worked with this one until this week. We had an electrical storm one day. Just wondering if it messed up the program a bit maybe?

OP
P
Reaction score
I'm away this weekend, but will appreciate the info when I get back. Thanks you guys

M

MacInWin

Not much going to happen until you identify the type Mac, operating system version, camera type and software versions and provide more than, "It doesn't work." Hard to troubleshoot with zero information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
image capture will work the same as iPhoto.

OP
P
Reaction score
image capture

image capture will work the same as iPhoto.

Thanks, I was able to download the photos this way. I believe the problem is with my SD card. I got a new one and it seems to work fine. The error message I got was "communication error".

C

chas_m

Glad to hear it was just the SD card. Always remember to eject/unmount them properly or you're going to have that issue again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.