Help with HDMI Resolution

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post on this website but I've read plenty of threads and have found lots of help from different things. So my current problem is this:
I just moved into a dorm as a freshmen at Transylvania University in Lexington, KY. I spend a decent amount of time in my room and have a decent set up, even though I don't have Wifi (sucks, I know). My roommate doesn't watch much TV or play and video games but he had a 32" Insignia TV that his parents bought him for Christmas one year. I went out and bought a converter for my MacBook Pro to hook it up to HDMI and it works great, even audio the audio! I've played around with the resolution a little bit and have got it somewhat okay but it's not quite what I think it could be. I've played Xbox 360 on the same TV and it looks way better than it does now. Is it possible to get it to the same clarity as the 360 can? If so, any ideas on how I could do it? Thanks guys!

PS, I'm not super good at searching other threads. I did a little bit, but if you point me in the direction of a thread that will answer my question, that'd be great too!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.