• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Most valuable company ever

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
The worm turns!
Remember the end of the last century?
Wow!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This is quite a surge for the past decade seeing the company was the verge of totally collapsing..still kicking myself for not getting into the Apple stock when it was VERY affordable..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hindsight is great isn't it? I should have turned over my 401K 10 years ago to all Gold! ;D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
My soothsaying abilities have forsaken me more than once..I should've been as valuable as Apple itself if it was on the ball..darn it all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I don't care what their value is at. All I care is that they bring out top-notch products. Everything else will fall into place if people want your stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Hindsight is great isn't it? I should have turned over my 401K 10 years ago to all Gold! ;D

LOL. I'm glad I converted some of my nest egg to physical silver a while back when it was in the low $20's. It's just shy of $30 today with the impending QE3 coming up. ;) If I knew what I know now back in the 1990's, I'd have bought much more.

ag95-pres.gif

Reaction score
FWIW, this valuation is in terms of capitalization in dollars.

Other companies are more valuable from other measures, such as actual contribution provided to society as a whole.

For example, I'd value a company such as Johnson & Johnson or GE, over Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...

Other companies are more valuable from other measures, such as actual contribution provided to society as a whole.

And I'd value my arm above all three of them.

OP
toMACsh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Very true. It's an objective measurement. What you're saying is certainly valid, while also being a subjective evaluation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.