problem with iPhone

Reaction score
I expect I am going to sound totally thick here, but...

my startup files got corrupted and I had to get my PC cleaned (?): this meant I had to reinstall iTunes as well as othr files. I then reloaded mypre-existing iTunes library from a hard drive. Since then, whenever I have tried to download new music the system keeps saying my Apple account is disabled for security reasons. I have tried renewing it but system will not accept any uodate or renewal going through email account reset or reset via questions. I how now uninstalled iTunes. Any ideas as I am going increasingly mad here. Help please!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try going into iTunes and re-authorizing your computer. I suspect whenever it was "cleaned" that it's no longer being recognized by Apple. You can do that from the main menu "Store". I believe it's the same on a PC as on a Mac (which I'm using). If that doesn't work, you may have to contact Apple customer service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.