Help! Downloading while driving-your experiences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air mid-2013 4GB, and other machines
As I posted elsewhere, when I got a Verizon 3G iPad, we couldn't effectively download stuff while driving on I-15 from LA to Vegas to Utah. My kid was surfing, but to actually download a complete app etc didn't work. Just very slow or maybe signal dropouts.

Is this normal? Or is mine maybe defective, as my friend wondered?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
From my memory of I-15 LA to Vegas..... mountains, desert, long distances between cell towers. It's a wonder you can get a decent signal at all once you leave Barstow. So yes, it's normal.

I've got a Verizon 4G iPad (3rd generation) here in the Dallas - Fort Worth area where there are numerous cell towers and good LTE reception. I still get drop outs once in awhile depending on where I am at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have that issue in my area with my verizon 4s and ipad 2 its probably just the location

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.