G5

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a G5 with 10.5 installed, the house has a wifi from my ISP, it is one of those router/wifi all in one. I tried to put a USB wifi from Netgear but the driver crashes on startup (only version 1).

I have been reading a bit, is the only way to connect this wireless to buy a $100 airport router?

Thanks
J

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello,
I have a G5 with 10.5 installed, the house has a wifi from my ISP, it is one of those router/wifi all in one. I tried to put a USB wifi from Netgear but the driver crashes on startup (only version 1).

Not an uncommon problem. Many of those USB Wifi gizmos don't work well with Mac's.

I have been reading a bit, is the only way to connect this wireless to buy a $100 airport router?

Continue reading...you may have missed the part about purchasing the original airport card that gets installed inside the G5 (I'm assuming you have a Powermac G5...because there were iMac G5's as well).

- Nick

Thanks
J[/QUOTE]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.