iphoto keeps looking for deleted photos in thumnail update

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an annoying iphoto issue. I recently went through and cleaned out some old photos that were stored in a documents folder, some I didn't care about, and others that I saw were already imported into the iphoto library (so I thought they were just a second copy). Now every time i start up iphoto I get the following error message:

"The photo “P1000728.JPG” could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found."

I realize that iphoto is still looking for the images because it's gone from the original location, but how do I get it stop looking if I don't care that it's gone. I have to hit "cancel" about 200 times now, for each photo it's looking for, before I can open the software. I could go back to an earlier version save on time machine before I deleted them, but then how do I get rid of those images without this problem.

I'm running iphoto '11 9.3.2 on an iMac OS X Lion 10.7.4.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
In iPhoto Preferences, under the advanced tab, do you have a check in the box that says:

Importing: Copy items to the iPhoto Library

My wife had a similar issue once and it turned out that many of the photos in her library were actually just links to photos on the disk drive. They hadn't been "copied" into the big iPhoto "image" located in her home directory. Just a thought - maybe a completely different issue here.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes, I have the "copy items to iphoto library" checked.

I don't think anything changed with my settings since I deleted those images. If it was an entire library issue, I'd have to hit cancel a few thousand times. Right now it's only a couple hundred, prob close to what I tried to get rid of.

I wonder how you get around this? These no option to quit searching for the image, just cancel or find photo manually.

Thanks.

Reaction score
print in reverse

I'm trying to print in reverse image, do you know how to do this and where do I go?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.