• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The official London Olympic Games 2012 thread !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yew well its that time again, that 4 yr Olympic cycle. The time 2012 its in London.

One thing I'm really curious about is what the UK members think of this ? Are you in london and has this impacted on your life. Has it changed. Traffic conditions, extra people riding the Tube (Mind the Gap)?? Are you over the Olympic fever ??
I am curious, because in 2000 Sydney Olympics i had had enough of it and moved to Brisbane because of the hype, the amount of extra people in town and the hassles of driving around and all.
Im not a big people person lol Well really i hate lots of peoples and crowds. ;)
So yea what do you think?

This thread is also for anyone to post Olympic material, links, or anything.
Tell us what your looking forward to watching. Is it just the medal rounds or do u=you get into all the events.
Post anything Olympic that you want.

Me personally, look for to watching Aust James Magnusson in the swimming. The best thing Ian Thorpe has seen swim in a decade.
The Cycling and the Brad Wiggins/Cadel Evans battle.
The Womens Beach VolleyBall too.

Be sure to make sure you don't miss a minute or your Fav medal event with the App Store - London 2012: Official Results App for the Olympic and Paralympic Games

Cheers

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go Marshall Islands! ;)

I'm glad I can watch this online. However, it doesn't help my productivity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I watched it, and liked it, more than the previous one.
However, I do think it's kind of pathetic to have an orchestra mime through pre-recorded music. It's the Olympics for crying out loud, have the cojones to do it live!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I felt embarrassed for Rowan Atkinson. The weird musical number with the music through the past decades was a bit odd in that they had to narrate what it was suppose to be about. The music was good though, and I had fun on Wikipedia looking up the names of nations I had never heard of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini Server 4,1 (2.66GHz Core2Duo CPU, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD), iPhone SE 2nd gen (128GB)
This is the most direct effect it's had on me; I didn't know him personally, but I'd met him once or twice, and we had several mutual friends who's RIP statuses have flooded my Facebook news feed for the past couple of days...

Tributes to cyclist Dan Harris killed by an Olympics bus :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.