MAC Network permissions

Reaction score
Hi all, i am currently working at a company where i am IT engineer. I have always used PC's and never made the journey to a MAC, even though i can see the benifits of MAC's.

heres the problem.

the guy who looks after the macs is away on vacation, this is probably really simple but i can't seem to find what i'm looking for. I need to give access to a USB drive to a MAC on the network, to do this through PC i just go to the software what controls this and enable USB access, simple. although, i know we don't do this with the macs, i believe he usaully does this through the mac for the macs, and cannot access the macs throuogh the pcs, can only see the pcs on the software.

can anyone help?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just share it out as you normally would.

On the Mac open Finder then hit CMD+K and enter the IP address of the PC that's sharing the drive.

If it connects OK it'll appear as a disk on the Mac desktop and in the sidebar in Finder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.