Yaquina Head Lighthouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
I was reading an online blog from Laurie Excell yesterday (Laurie Excell) and read about her relaxing day along the Oregon coast. She & her mother visited Yaquina Head Lighthouse and took a number of photographs. Laurie is a well renowned professional wildlife & nature photographer based close to me in Tigard, OR. After seeing the alluring lighthouse photos I decided to see if I could do as well as Laurie so I packed up two cameras & my tripod and headed for the coast this morning. It's a 115 mile drive one way to Newport, OR where you can find Yaquina Head Lighthouse. I had no problem doing so.

It's beautiful! There are plenty of open field of grass & wildflowers surrounding the area as well as cliffs filled with sea-lions and seagulls. What a postcard opportunity! I really like this shot of that lighthouse.

Yaquina-LH-01-Framed-XL.jpg

Yaquina-Head-Lighthouse-Exif-XL.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hey, where are the usual annoying shot blocking tourists? ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That looks nice Bob!!

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Hey, where are the usual annoying shot blocking tourists? ;)

Worse, there were two guys weed-whacking the grass. I removed them from the shot after they finished the job. I haven't figured out how to cut the grass. LOL

Reaction score
I was reading an online blog from Laurie Excell yesterday (Laurie Excell) and read about her relaxing day along the Oregon coast. She & her mother visited Yaquina Head Lighthouse and took a number of photographs. Laurie is a well renowned professional wildlife & nature photographer based close to me in Tigard, OR. After seeing the alluring lighthouse photos I decided to see if I could do as well as Laurie so I packed up two cameras & my tripod and headed for the coast this morning. It's a 115 mile drive one way to Newport, OR where you can find Yaquina Head Lighthouse. I had no problem doing so.

It's beautiful! There are plenty of open field of grass & wildflowers surrounding the area as well as cliffs filled with sea-lions and seagulls. What a postcard opportunity! I really like this shot of that lighthouse.

Yaquina-LH-01-Framed-XL.jpg

Yaquina-Head-Lighthouse-Exif-XL.jpg

I also was wondering how you got this shot with no one else in the image? Lol. My assumption was that you were somehow able to go early in the morning, or on a day where no one was visiting. I never thought of the possibility of you simply removing the guys cutting the grass from the image. haha. Excellent picture though, and thanks for sharting!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.