Missing Itunes

Reaction score
Running 10.4.11 (presume its Tiger/)and had itunes Ok, but since grandson had access to Mac G4 I cannoy play CDs or copy music files from my memory stick.
I have examined all the files and have found a small dialog box which shows inbuilt Mac sounds but no sign of any facility to open any additional music files or play CDs.
As you tell I am still learning the OS and enjoying it so far.
Tried to download new itunes software(ver 10)perhaps its too modern for my Mac but all it downloaded is a file which needs some application to open it?--is this it ?
Do the Macs have a restore function like windows?

Please help me or point in direction to download or restore---many thanks if you can help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You probably need to download and install an older version of iTunes since you're running Tiger. Go to this Apple LINK and choose the version of iTunes that will work with Tiger.

OP
N
Reaction score
Many thanks for coming back so quickly, the download of an older version worked fine.
I thought that was needed but I could not locate it.
Thanks again, it proves just how useful and knowledgeable the members are, as a old wrinkly I need all the help I can get after years of using Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.