iPhone 4S Battery

Reaction score
I bought 3 weeks ago, new iPhone 4S.
During this 3 weeks, the battery life is very bad!
Today I have chargedthe iPhone until it was 100 % and then I disconnect it.

And this is the Usage after 8 Hours without charging:

in use: 3 hours and 14 min.
in standby: 8 hours and 5 min.

Is it normal???
Or should I go to the store that I bought the iPhone and asked them to replace the iPhone??

Thx!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm not clear on why you think the battery life is bad. What was the actual charge level after that 8 hours? And what were you doing with the iPhone during that 8 hours?

EDIT: Let me elaborate a bit more. Typically, there will be some usage time amidst the standby time. If you have an app that is doing something in the background, or have push notifications set, or have your email on "fetch" to periodically check for messages, then that all applies to the usage time. What WOULD be worrisome is if your usage time and standby times were identical after 8 hours. Unless you were running a music app in the background non-stop during that time, or something similar than wouldn't ever go into a "paused" mode, then something is going on that shouldn't be. A process may be hung in the background that shouldn't be. In these cases, a hard reset would clear that up.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/io...-draining-after-icloud-setup.html#post1347330

Also… have you updated iOS to the most recent version? There were some bugs early on with the 4S and battery draining for some people, but those should have long since been resolved. More reading here:
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2011/10/some-fixes-iphone-4s-battery-drain/44273/

OP
L
Reaction score
I will explain myself:
today I've chargered my iPhone until 100%.

now this is the usage:
in use: 3 hours and 28 min.
in standby: 22 hours and 52 min.
and the charge level is 14%.

During this 25 hours, the WIFI was on,
the location services was on {but only maps}
I didnt play games.
Only whatsapp, internet and mail.
the iphone checks email every 1 hour.

So,
is it normal????
or I should take it to the store and ask for replacement???

THX!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I will explain myself:
today I've chargered my iPhone until 100%.

now this is the usage:
in use: 3 hours and 28 min.
in standby: 22 hours and 52 min.
and the charge level is 14%.

During this 25 hours, the WIFI was on,
the location services was on {but only maps}
I didnt play games.
Only whatsapp, internet and mail.
the iphone checks email every 1 hour.

Me like lifeisabeach it still isn't clear
But if after 25hrs the battery life is 14% and out of those 25hrs it WAS in standby for 22 of them, i would take it back and get them to look at it.

BUT do you have iCloud set up ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Agreed with Tattoo. That doesn't sound right to me. If you haven't done a hard reset yet, I would try that and re-check those stats. If there is no improvement, definitely return it.

OP
L
Reaction score
I dont have iCloud.

And how I do hard reset??

P.S: all the time Im online with 3G or WIFI...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I dont have iCloud.

And how I do hard reset??

P.S: all the time Im online with 3G or WIFI...

Hold the home button and the sleep button down at the same time and wait until the phone starts to shutdown, and then it will restart. This could take up to 60 secs so just be a little patient.

If your online with WiFi or if WiFi is on and your online with 3G the WiFi can continuously be looking for a network to connect to, so if your on 3G make sure WiFi is off as this will drain the Battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No a hard reset is just like restarting your Mac, cleans system files up and the sorts. All your Apps won't be going anywhere and won't do any damage.
I do one on my phone every few months if things seem slow or a bit sluggish. Your all good to push those 2 buttons :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.