Having network problems :(

Reaction score
I recently started having network problems. Normally if I click on the WiFi icon in the menu bar it'll show a bunch of different WiFi networks to connect to, as well as mine.

But recently it has not been showing any of them, and it seems if my iMac goes to sleep and I wake it up it's disconnected from my WiFi and if I click on the icon in the menu bar no networks show up to connect to one, so I am forced to use an ethernet cord in order to connect to the internet.
Which is very annoying.

Anyone else have this issue or does anyone know how to fix this annoying issue?

MAC OS X 10.7.4

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15" MBP, OSx 10.8.4, Ipad 64g (2012), Iphone 4S, Ipod Nano
I too have the same issue, when my MBP goes to sleep it looses the wifi connection and sometimes I get an error stating that another device using this connection has the same IP address and I have to try and reconnect, without any success. I have to restart my system to get it to logon to the network. of course I am in Kuwait where the internet really sucks, but I still shouldn't have to restart to reconnect.

jppv sorry to ride on your post

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.