• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Catching up....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Hey guys, arrived in Hungary a couple of days ago and am having a fantastic time, which is the usual for me when I'm here... love this place. Just wanted to check up and see if there's anything I've missed, such as an OS release, or certain MF members getting married, divorced, winning the lottery etc etc.. ;)

Man, being here really makes me not want to move back to NYC again... I've lived here before, and could easily do it again, if only I was able to find a good/enjoyable job. I love Europe SO much, it's hard to put into words how different things are in terms of quality of life... the small things that one never really appreciates until they're absent. I love NYC too, but am so over the pointless consumerism, nasty/rude people and inefficient transit, to name a few things.

Anyway, guess I'm just ranting. That's what I do after dinner! Maybe I'll post some pictures later on. Took both my film and DSLR camera's with me, 3 lenses and thus far have only really used one of them for about 98% of the time. The 35mm is sitting on the film camera and the 105mm is on the D300, while the 17-70 just sits in a bag. Maybe tomorrow..

Right, so.... later!

Doug

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
or certain MF members getting married, divorced, winning the lottery etc etc.. ;)
That was my last week. ;)

the small things that one never really appreciates until they're absent.
I'm the opposite. I only begin to appreciate the banal parts of my life once I leave on a vacation.

Enjoy the vacation!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I'm well into day 3 of a 1 day home remodeling project, but divorce or mayhem is not on the agenda. ;P ;)

I've lived in Europe twice (Germany both times) but I was too young to really appreciate it. Would love to go back for an extended visit. So, I'm envious of your Hungary trip.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Never have been to Europe. Been all over the far east and Philippines - also lived and worked in Hawaii for 8 years. My passion is to go to Israel. One of these days when I retire again (for the third time)..... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just wanted to check up and see if there's anything I've missed, such as an OS release,

Im just sitting at home waiting for it. Rumour is Apple stores closing on the 24th ?? Apple stores getting ML update on 24th July - Macworld Australia

I love Europe SO much

And vvvvvv is the real reason why ;) When i was in Deutschland i loved the East/Southeast and all the little villages and got so many gorgeous pictures. The Architecture is just beautiful.

Anyway, guess I'm just ranting. That's what I do after dinner! Maybe I'll post some pictures later on. Took both my film and DSLR camera's with me, 3 lenses and thus far have only really used one of them for about 98% of the time. The 35mm is sitting on the film camera and the 105mm is on the D300, while the 17-70 just sits in a bag. Maybe tomorrow..

Right, so.... later!

Doug

Enjoy mate.

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
That was my last week. ;)

I suppose that for some, getting married or divorced is better than winning the lottery!

Here's a few pics from the iPhone 4. I'm nodding off with the MBP on top of me, so until manana...

This is one of my favorite treats, a Hungarian snack made of sweet cottage cheese covered w/dark chocolate. I know it sounds gross perhaps, but it's one of the most delicious things EVER, and not bad for you at all. It's called Turo Rudi, and there's a Facebook fan page for it. Oh, and I take pretty much all of my pics on the iP4 with the Camera+ app. It's probably the best iOS camera app out there right now.

75bdf3a6.jpg

Part of why I love Hungary- People are so considerate and mostly organized: Waiting to cross a busy intersection.
5f00a68d.jpg

And what mall would be complete without an authorized Apple Store? Haven't gone in to it yet, maybe tomorrow. Was too busy looking for a store which sold soccer jersey's for my little godson whom we're visiting after Friday.

f6b0fa2b.jpg

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm well into day 3 of a 1 day home remodeling project, but divorce or mayhem is not on the agenda. ;P ;)

I've lived in Europe twice (Germany both times) but I was too young to really appreciate it. Would love to go back for an extended visit. So, I'm envious of your Hungary trip.

Life makes its own agenda's. Always be ready! Germany has probably changed a lot since you've been there, but it is one of those very open places where the people are also very inviting and also ready to party!

Never have been to Europe. Been all over the far east and Philippines - also lived and worked in Hawaii for 8 years. My passion is to go to Israel. One of these days when I retire again (for the third time)..... :)

Then we're even. I've never been to those places you've been to, and have a serious need/urge to, and I will, without a doubt. We had dinner [tonight] with one of my wife's colleagues who was born in Hawaii. She visits every year and I'm so envious. We got an invite, so we might take her up on that...

Im just sitting at home waiting for it. Rumour is Apple stores closing on the 24th ?? Apple stores getting ML update on 24th July - Macworld Australia

And vvvvvv is the real reason why ;) When i was in Deutschland i loved the East/Southeast and all the little villages and got so many gorgeous pictures. The Architecture is just beautiful.

Enjoy mate.

Thanks man, yeah... it's the off the beaten path places that really intrigue me the most. I loooathe touristy spots, which is ironic because the hotel which my wife's company booked for us (this is partially a business trip for her, but then she's taking another week and some odd days for vacation and we'll go to her home town 2 hours outside Budapest) is in an extremely touristy spot. In fact, they recently put a Hard Rock Café in the square.. yuuuck!

There are so many places I'd love to see, just hope they don't become bucket list destinations.

Doug

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Don't we all have a list. I, like chscag, have never been to Europe and it's next on my list. There's so much I want to see in Europe but the countries that top my list are the Netherlands and Norway. I also want to visit Australia and parts of China. Ugh...I need to win the lottery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
There are so many places I'd love to see, just hope they don't become bucket list destinations.

Doug

And this is just what my WANT destinations are going to become, BUT my newly acquired girl has plans to take me to Thailand the place i want to go the most. I cook Thai at home every other day so i can't wait for this trip to get some home grown low down tips.
Also to visit the Emerald Triangle. where the Thailand, Cambodia and Laos borders meet. Rarely visited by tourists but have the lowdown of the beauty of it.

EDIT : thanks for the tip of Camera+. Just downloaded it and it is a great App. Cheers Mate

I also want to visit Australia and parts of China. Ugh...I need to win the lottery.

Always a bed in my place mate, but then again, not many get to visit the West because its so far from the East. Perth being the most isolated city in the world turns people off i guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Have fun in Hungary! Stay safe:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.