• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

apple back to school discount.. best buy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
if i buy a new MBP (not retina) from best buy**** is there a way to get the 100$ back to school promotion card?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know if you would be eligible for the discount when purchasing from Best Buy. I do know that Best Buy will not accept Apple Gift cards when purchasing Apple products from them. I believe you have to buy direct from Apple in order to get the discount. (Assuming they're giving one this year.)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
I believe you have to buy direct from Apple in order to get the discount. (Assuming they're giving one this year.)

I was referring to wether or not the 100$ App Store card is attainable from purchasing a Mac at best buy, I don't believe there is a discount as there used to be in past years.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, I know what you mean. Again, I think you have to buy direct from Apple but I could be wrong. One way to find out is to call your local Apple store and ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Edited for .......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.