Can't mute volume on iPad 3

Reaction score
I have turned down my volume all the way, but still hear sounds when I am playing a game or receiving an email. on a recent plane ride I had to plug in the earphones so other people wouldn't be disturbed by clcling sounds. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The following information is taken from the 3rd Generation iPad user's guide:

The iPad’s Side Switch—located on the right side of the tablet near the top—can be set to lock the screen orientation or to act as a mute switch, depending on your preference. To set this, go to Settings -> General, and then tap Lock Rotation or Mute in the Use Side Switch To section. If you choose Lock Rotation, toggle the screen-rotation switch on the side of the iPad to expose the orange dot, and your iPad stays in either landscape or portrait view, regardless of how you’re handling it. When the rotation lock is engaged, a small icon showing a lock with an arrow around it appears on the right side of the status bar near the battery icon. If you select Mute in the settings screen, the switch controls the iPad’s Silent mode, which mutes alert noises. Note that you can still hear the audio in music and videos from the device’s speaker when the iPad is in Silent mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.