CNX2 and Lightroom on an iMac?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm the new "switcher" here, changing over in 2-4 weeks to an iMac
Main use is image editing and of course, talking to you guys here ;D

I have been using Capture NX2 as my main editing program, and will continue to do so

I would like to also load Lightroom for cataloging and further editing, (I like all the other editing options in LR)

I have been told the Mac and the two programs do not "sit well" together on the Mac system?

I believe I can still retain my edited NEF files, (I have a Nikon), even if I have to convert to DNG or Tiff for further editing in LR, or photoshop for that matter?

Are any here running the two programs on the same system?
Regards,
Gary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Not sure of why there would be a problem running both, though likely not at once since NX is a real system hog. I have only ever tried Capture, and didn't like it because no matter what specs you have, it remains a real sloth. Profiles in LR4 have gotten SO close to the native Nikon ones that I don't see much of a reason to use the former..

If you want serious answers about running both at the same time, however, you might ask over at: NikonCafe.com - Powered by vBulletin

Doug

OP
GLXMAN
Reaction score
Tks Doug,

More research required but apparently, it is better to copy the NEF files, edit in CNX2 to get every adjustment "cooked", then copy to LR and do further adjustments in either a Tiff or DNG file, that way you can go back and still change picture controls and all the WB and other in camera settings with the "original" NEF
Regards,
Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.