Help Request

Reaction score
Hi All,
Been enjoying my new iMac for a few weeks now and really love it. I have one issue I cannot figure out and need some assistance.

All my applications have really tiny text that is difficult to read. Just installed Thunderbird for example and the fonts look like size 6 or something. I find myself always increasing the text size on web sites as well.

Is there a way to make the default font larger? Menus in all applications are this tiny font as well.

This is probably because of the resolution of the display but was hoping there was a method of adjusting the default font used by the OS.

Thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try the free TinkerTool application which you can download from here. One of the adjustable options is to change font sizes. It may require a bit of experimentation and note that it will not work for all applications.

Also, certain browsers (Safari) have an amount of resistance to font size changes which may cause some distortion to occur. I have found that Chrome adjusts very nicely to large fonts without causing any distortion on my iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.