Brother HL2270DW printer woes

Reaction score
I have a Brother HL2270DW printer that is a duplex machine that worked as it should on the PC but now I have switched, the printer only prints single sided, and has no preference or setup in any of the app print menus. Any idea how I can get duplex back - I installed the driver from the printer disk. Brother's website did not suggest any solution.

PowerMac G5. OSx 10.5.8

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless you can obtain updated OS X drivers from Brother that support duplex printing, you'll have to resort to doing it manually. I'm assuming you tried clicking on the down arrow that appears in the print dialog box to see if duplex was listed under options?

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies - I downloaded fresh drivers, followed the instruction and now have duplex printing - the drivers on the printer disk were either outdated or wrongly included - problem solved, Thank you.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Glad we could help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.