Light printouts Aperture 3

Reaction score
Hallo, I know it seems too generic, but when sending from Aperture 3 (also form other apps) to my Canon Pixma IP4500, I get light prints, while, when using a PC I got correct density. Before talking about profiling monitor and printer, I would like to point out that my objective is not to get the more accurate possible color reproduction, but to get reasonable good prints. As I mainly use Ilford Galerie Smooth Gloss Paper (290 g/sq m) I got from Ilford the proper ICC to use with Aperture, but it didn't help. With the PC I used Canon Easy Print EX and choose Professional Paper option for Ilford. The results were surprisingly good, possibly the color match wasn't 100%100 accurate, but fully satisfactory. Now what is tricking me is that the display at the monitor is good as gamma and color and very similar to what I see on the D90 display after shooting, even considering this display small (3'') it gives anyway a rough idea of what I' getting. Sorry, I haven't updated my profile: OS Lion 10.7.4, but even with Snow Leopard got the same quality.
Thanks a lot for suggestions, Gianfranco

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.