• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple At home advisor position (not student)

Reaction score
hi, I applied for Apple at home advisor position about a week ago, and I received an email from Apple recruiter yesterday saying to complete the pre-employment assessment ASAP, and I did so.

The assessment was pretty simple and short, but it did say pre-employment on the top of the webpage... do you think this means I will most likely get this job...? anyone have gone through this process before..? please share your knowledge with me!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The assessment was pretty simple and short, but it did say pre-employment on the top of the webpage... do you think this means I will most likely get this job...?

A "Pre-Employment Assessment"...is just that a pre-employment assessment...it does not mean that you are (or are not) most likely to get the job.

What it does mean is one of two things:

1. Everyone who applies for the position you applied for fills out one of these "pre-employment assessments".
2. Potentially this could be a 2nd step in the process. Maybe someone reviews all initial applications for the position (maybe 100 people applied), and 25 people get chosen to fill out the "pre-employment assessment".

More than likely there will be some sort of phone or in-person interview (maybe more than one)...before any final decisions are made. This is standard practice for almost any job.

Good luck,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
my two cents

Yes,its ore employment and you'll have to go through at least 2 interviews with this position and I believe a background check. Was the ore employment assemement from. Apple or Kelly who also hires for them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro w/ Retina (Personal) and iMac (Work)
You have a 50% chance of getting it. I have friends and former coworkers who are Apple At Home Advisors employed by Apple and I have peeps who are employed through Kelly Services for Apple At Home Advisors. It's a little easier getting into the Kelly side than the Apple side. Apple pays more though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.