Is my iPad defected?

Reaction score
I got my iPad 3 64gb wifi + 4g about a month ago and I just noticed there seems to be 3 lines of light near the camera/4g bar when held at a specific angle, to me this seems very cheap, is this a known issue or do I have a defect or is this completely normal? here is a picture..

20072iv.jpg

sorry the picture isnt that great, but you can see the issue.

P.S my ipad has been kept in a case ever since I got it and kept in top condition.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If you have concerns that your iPad is defective...return it to Apple. You have 12 months of Applecare from the time of purchase.

- Nick

C

chas_m

That looks like perfectly normal monitor overscan to me, since you have to tilt it at such a dramatic angle to see it, but as pigoo says -- return it if you think it's defective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
When i first got my ipad 2 it had that issue after 2 weeks of having it... apple told me the panels in the LED were loose or something along the lines of that. They gave me a new one right there. If you are not happy then talk to them about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.