not able to write to shared folders

Reaction score
hi
I have recently restored my mac mini from time machine (hdd has been replaced).
in the earlier iteration of my mac, i had file sharing enabled and was able to read/write without any issues.

now, I seem to have problems writing to the shared folders and disks from my other mac.
when I try to, say, copy a file to any one of the shared folders, i get a prompt for an admin password (which did'nt use to happen on the old machine), then I'm met with one of the following error messages:

1) "The operation can’t be completed because you don't have permission to access some of the items." (sometimes followd by error code -8062)
2) I'm asked to replace/stop/keep both files, if i choose keep both, the finder creates thousands of copies and i have to kill the finder to stop, no matter what i choose, the end resaults are 0kb files that i can delete witout an admin pass prompt.

when I log in, I log in with the admin user of the sharing machine.
I also tried logging in with my apple id (back to my mac, I think), doesn't work either.

both machines run lion.
have tried to disable file sharing, removed all folders and re added them.
restarted both machines.
ran premission repair.
tried configuring a new location under network settings for both macs.
tried running batchmod to allow r&w for all users.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you right select (Get Info) on a shared folder, what permissions do you see on the folder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.