PDA

View Full Version : New mac user

Jagsfish
06-21-2012, 09:57 PM
My new Imac is coming in a few days. Where can I go to read up on the learning curve of coming from a pc?

chscag
06-21-2012, 11:16 PM
There are four Sticky Posts at the top of this forum. Read through all of them.

V6Pony
06-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Welcome just give your self some time. Google is your friend. I got my first mac little less than two years ago. I love it and would never go back. Enjoy.

Jagsfish
06-21-2012, 11:33 PM
My new Imac is coming in a few days. Where can I go to read up on the learning curve of coming from a pc?

Don't see them at the top???

Smalltowntech
06-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Once you get your iMac you can download things like SCOtutor for Mac to give you some ideas on how to use different parts of your system. From someone who was a total PC user up until about 3 weeks ago, the learning curve is not steep at all. The stickies at the top of the forum will give you some good guidance and you can always post up questions on here and they are answered pretty quick.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy my mbp.

Joey47
06-22-2012, 01:04 AM
Have fun with your new MAC I still don't enjoy my mac. Using a PC right now to type this.

chscag
06-22-2012, 01:51 AM

Not "Sticky Notes". "Sticky Posts". Look at the beginning of this forum and read the four that are shown at the top. You can't miss them.

newscribe
06-22-2012, 02:05 AM
Hi,

Top of the page with a blue pin

Original by Jagsfish

Jagsfish
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
There are four Sticky Posts at the top of this forum. Read through all of them.

There is a wealth of information that will make the transition so much easier. I recommend anyone new to mac read these.
Thank you

CebuCity
06-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Have fun with your new MAC I still don't enjoy my mac. Using a PC right now to type this.

Have fun on your PC. I put it to incinerator when I wrote this using my MAC.

@Joey47 is a complete troll. All his post are about complain about Mac. I really doubt if he really has a Mac in the first place.
If you can't afford to buy a Mac, don't sign-in in this forum and just troll.

docx
06-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Like you I am new to Mac. I found Tutor for lion from the app store very helpful.