PS3 wireless controller not picking up on iMac

Reaction score
Hi guys

First of all thank all you guys for your constant inout. You have helped me on many occasions to figure things out that I had no clue how to do.

With that said I am having a lot of trouble connecting my new ps3 wireless controller to my imac. It's on 10.6.8 and I've tried doing a few things from here and youtube but the controller simply isn't even recognised when I turn on my Bluetooth.

I have downloaded the driver from tattiebogle and downloaded a link to ips3 from here to try and get it to recognise but I'm having no luck thus far. It seems as if most people have a problem in pairing the device but I haven't even gotten that far yet.

Anyone else have the same problem or can suggest what I should be doing? I just can't understand why my imac won't pick it up even when it's connected via usb. I read that Lion has the drivers built in but that on Snow Leopard people are at least picking up the controller.

Many thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.