File dilemma!

Reaction score
Hey guys. Im still fairly new to Mac since I got this 13" Macbook Pro for christmas and I need your help. So, I made a picture in the Pages app since I thought that was the easy way to do it, unless you guys say otherwise but its a fairly simple picture that I can delete and remake if I have to but instead of having it as a .pages file I want to change it to a picture file so I can save it to iPhoto or whatever and be able to upload it to a Facebook/Tumblr etc. How do I do this? You're quick replies will be greatly appreciated!:Cool:

C

chas_m

Here's two ways to quickly do what you want.

FIRST METHOD
1. Export the file as a PDF.
2. Open the PDF in Preview.
3. Export it again, this time as a JPG.

SECOND METHOD
1. Open the file in Pages
2. Take a screenshot of the area you want to make a picture file using Shift-Command-4
3. That will save a JPG or PNG file on your desktop. Use Preview to convert it to another format if you need to as described above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
And the Third Method is to select your picture in Pages, copy it via the Edit menu, open Preview and then select New from Clipboard, and then save as a jpeg.

OP
J
Reaction score
Man that what quick. Thanks guys. @chas_m, I figured out how to do the second method last night on my own which was nice haha but thanks for also providing me with the first one which is just as easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.