ipod classic question

Reaction score
First off, I am so glad this forum exists because I am having a horrible time accessing apple's own discussion boards. arghhh...so I started looking for other forums to ask questions on!

Here's my plight:
I want to synch specific podcasts with my ipod.

I want them to look like this:
Main playlist Folder named Beth Moore Audio.
Inside that folder are other folders with the titles of the series of lessons she's taught,
In those folders, I want the actual lessons I can listen to.

I guess this is what you call nested and it is exactly this way in my itunes playlists
( I moved the podcasts into the playlists so that I could listen to them continuously)

But after I synch them ( auto synch, not manual), they show up in alphabetical order amongst all other playlists and not neatly nested.

Any advice?
oh, some of my stuff turned out nicely nested, but not these for some reason.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've run into that same problem with the recordings we make and give out as gifts on iPods. One way you may be able to do it is by alphabetizing the lessons.

An example of a work around:

Beth Moore's Bible Teaching

01Genesis

02Exodus

03Numbers

Notice that in the above example, the subfolders may not necessarily nest properly but they will appear in order on the iPod because of the way they're numbered. If you setup your playlist by Genre and follow the way I posted above, it should work out so that the main theme that Beth Moore is teaching will appear first and then each lesson in order below.

Not a very elegant way to do it but it works. We have to do the same thing with all our recordings we make (Bible teaching and church services).

OP
M
Reaction score
So why do some nest and other's don't? Is it my ipod, itunes, or is it the way the ministry techies upload to begin with on their end?

My Keys for Kids from a different ministry nests beautifully.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's probably the way they're being uploaded for the Pod Casts. We don't upload our recordings and Bible studies so I can't really tell you how they're doing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.