Youtube Video Plug-in Failure on Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.53GHz Core i5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HD
I've been having this annoying problem with Safari where youtube videos won't load after I've been browsing for a while. Initially, when I first launch Safari, everything works fine for a bit, but then eventually the videos cut out and when I refresh the page, the space where the video should be playing is either blank or shows an error message "plug-in failure."

When this happens, the only way to fix the problem is to completely close out Safari and relaunch it again. But since I usually browse with the private browsing option on, I can't always go back and reopen the pages from my last browsing session. Sometimes I use force reload, that fixes the problem without having to relaunch Safari but it doesn't always work. But no matter what I do, the problem keeps recurring. Can someone explain why this happens and how can I fix it for good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
It might be an Adobe Flash Player problem. Go to the Adobe Flash Player website, it should automatically register your current version and you can download the current update.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.53GHz Core i5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HD
It might be an Adobe Flash Player problem. Go to the Adobe Flash Player website, it should automatically register your current version and you can download the current update.

I already upgraded to the latest version of flash very recently but the problem still persists.

Reaction score
Similar problem..can't be flash player virus, right?!

When I watch videos on youtube (but not on any other site/ or maybe thats why I don't stream on other sites very often) playback freezes from time to time, and about 5 seconds before freezing video timer turns to 0:00. As soon as playback stops, the "video buffering" circle shows up.

The difference from the OP's problem is that refreshing doesn't have any weird effect.

Could this have something to do with the flash player virus?

Also every time I startup my macbook after shutdown, for a split second, a small window opens which shows something about allowing or denying something that has to do with java.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.