iMail on iMac and iPad 2!

Reaction score
Ok so i have an iPad 2 and a new iMac

i have 3 business addresses and email accounts that i have set up on my iMac via iMail!

I want to sync them with my iPad 2 - so i installed iCloud on both an also enabled iMail - yet nothing appears in my iPad inbox? and none of the accounts etc are there - how do i sync the 2 devices?

OP
O
Reaction score
Also whats the best way to copy a file from my iMac (numbers) to my iPad and also sync it?

C

chas_m

Without lots more details I'm not sure we can help you.

iCloud is another email account and doesn't have anything to do with your other three. If you FORWARD the mail from the other three then iCloud will sync it. Otherwise it only syncs its own email.

I don't know what "enabled iMail" means as there's no such program and you don't enable the default client, which is called Mail on both the Mac and the iPad.

You need to add your three other email accounts to Mail on both the iPad and the Mac. Hopefully they are all IMAP accounts, that is ideal for checking mail on multiple devices. POP is less suitable for this but it can be done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.